Hop On, Hop Off Europe Backpacker Tours: The Pros and Cons
Hop-on, hop-off tours are a very unique type of tour for backpacking around Europe. Also known as jump-on/jump-off tours, it’s a great way to travel cheaply and at your own pace. While on the bus it’s a tour, but you can get off at designated points along the way and catch the next bus coming through! However, hop-on, hop-off tours aren’t for everybody. To help you decide if it’s for you, here are some pros and cons of using hop-on, hop-off tours for your backpacking Europe adventure.
- Transportation to premier and off the beaten path destinations.
- The flexibility to spend as long as you want at a particular destination.
- The driver can book your next night's accommodation and activities in advance
- At each destination, you are free to do whatever you want.
- You can meet people from all different walks of life while on the bus.
- Reasonable prices make it great option for budget travelers.
- Takes you to places you might not normally visit.
- You may see the same people for an entire trip.
- The buses may not travel to all the destinations you’d like to visit.
- You have to time your trip around bus arrival/departure times.
- You may get stuck with the same people for an entire trip!
- Some of the destinations the bus visits may be out of the way of your intended destination.
- You may have to stay an extra day or two in a destination waiting for the next bus to come through.
Find out more about hop-on, hop-off backpacker tours for backpacking around Europe. You can also purchase the passes directly from our site.