Escape Campervans have earned a great repution for having very friendly and transparent Campervan hire terms and conditions.
Escape have a permanent full time depot in Los Angeles.
Our primary depot is located at 4152 west 166th St , Lawndale, California, 90260.
We also offer remote Depots in Las Vegas and San Francisco. Minimum Rental periods and drop off charges to apply for these Depots which will be highlighted when you receive an instant quote.
Minimum age to hire a campervan
You must be over 21 Years old and have a full valid drivers license.
Insurance for campervans
Insurance is included in your cost of rental (included in daily rate). Comprehensive insurance covers third party property and public liability to US$10,000,000. The hirer is liable for the first US$1200.00 (US$1700.00 for drivers between 21 and 25 years) of any damage caused in any one accident. For more details, click here.
- Reservations: A US$200 deposit is required at the time of reservation. Once this deposit is received, the reservation will be confirmed. Full payment for the rental fee and any additional equipment, excess reduction or mileage package is then required upon collection of the vehicle.
- Rates calculation: Rates are calculated as per night. Where a rental crosses into another season, the rate will split to allow for the new season rate. This will be highlighted when you receive an online quote.
- Payments: Payment must be made in U.S. Dollars in cash, MasterCard, Visa, or American Express. There are no credit card charges for Visa and Mastercard. Amex transactions incure a 5% extra fee.
- Cancellations: If the confirmed campervan booking is cancelled within 5 Days after the booking has been made, we will refund your deposit in full.
If the confirmed campervan booking is cancelled after 5 Days of booking, we will offer a credit of $200 towards a future reservation. (does not apply to specials running)
If the confirmed campervan booking is cancelled within 14 Days of pick up or there is a no show, an additional 20% cancellation fee will be charged on top of the non refundable deposit.
- Booking amendments: It is possible to extend your rental without incurring a fee subject to availability. It is possible to shorten your rental within 21 Days of pick up. Shortening a rental will be quoted as a new rental and will be calculated at the retail rate with any current specials not applicable.
- Driver's License/Proof of Identification: All drivers must hold a valid driver's license for the entire rental period, plus have a major credit card. Only drivers specified on the contract are allowed to drive Escape Campervans vehicles. All specified drivers with their licenses must be present at time of vehicle pick up.
- Insurance-Exclusions :
The renter is fully liable for any damage to the Escape Campers campervan or third party property if: The terms of the rental contract are breached; If the driver is does not hold an appropriate driver’s licence; Damage to the campervan is caused by careless, wilful or reckless driving; Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs; Driving on unsealed or restricted roads or restricted areas; Water submersion or saltwater damage occurs.
- Vehicle Pick Up and Drop Off: Vehicles are available for pick up between 11am and 4pm and must be returned by 10:00 a.m. on the agreed drop-off date. Late returns up to 3 hours will incur a prorated charge of the daily rate per hour the vehicle is dropped off late. A full-day rental charge will be applied once the vehicle is more than 3 hours late. No refunds will be granted
for shortened rentals. There are no refunds for late pick up or early return of vehicles.
- Minimum and Maximum Rental Period : There is no maximum rental period.
Our website quotes a minimum 5 day rental, but we can do 2, 3 or 4 day rentals also. The daily rate will be higher, but please contact us directly for a quote.
- Mileage: Rates include 100 miles per day. Extra miles will be charged at 25¢ per mile. An unlimited miles package can be purchased for $19 per day.
- Road Restrictions: Driving on unpaved roads (excluding county and state maintained roads), dirt roads, restricted areas and 'off road' areas is not allowed. Renter is liable for all damages to vehicle, tires, towing charges and other expenses as a result of a breakdown, collision, or other, associated with operating Escape Campervans vehicles in these areas. Escape Campervans' insurance protection will also be null and void. The following are restricted areas: Anywhere in Mexico and Baja California; Death Valley between the dates 1st March and 30th November; Any unimproved road, trail, track (excluding county and state maintained road); Any off-road areas (dunes, Salt plains, beaches, riverbeds, logging roads, forest trails, dirt trails etc.); The Burning Man festival
- General Rules:
◦Escape Campervans are a smoke free zone.
◦No pets are allowed (except designated Service Dogs) in the vehicles.
◦All passengers must use seatbelts while vehicle is in motion.
◦Escape Campervans does not accept any liability for any injuries incurred to passengers travelling in the back of the vehicle and/or while not using seatbelts.
•Airport Transfers: You have an option to purchase Airport pick up at the time of booking. The cost for transfer from LAX or any Airport Hotel is $20 (1-3 persons)